- Use a pacifier. I now know why mothers use them! I used to feel sorry when parents would shove a suce in a whining baby's mouth. Now I get it! I don't use it all the time, but it really helps Little man fall asleep. He takes it out when he doesn't want it, which I think is great :) He's not a cry baby, which might explain why we don't need it often. Also a must in the car if you need to give yourself more time. I used the ortho soothers that are one piece silicone.
- Use a Family Sticker on my Murano! Yup, I caved when I got it as a gift, I slapped that thing on as a "baby on board". My husband and I agreed that we would NOT have one for he and I!
- Feed my child store bought baby food. We went on a camping trip and I was really tempted by the convenience of it all. In the end it's not terrible, but making your own food is way more fun and tasty.
- Play "Dress up" with my son. I didn't know what I was having, and I always thought that I would just put my baby in pyjamas for the first 6 month of their lives. I had a whole pile of neutral jammies and figured I was set. WRONG! Those who know me, know that I love dressing my son and accessorizing too! Since I didn't have a girl, I am still fulfilling this desire by making sure my son is always dressed to the nines! I doubted my abilities at first to dress a boy, but once you find your style... it's pretty easy.
- Last but not least Formula Feed. This is a touchy subject, but when breastfeeding doesn't go as planned, you really have no choice.
Did you have any hindsight reality checks when you became a mom? Please share in the comments below.