So I realize that I haven't posted in a while, but here goes!
Spring is in the air and little V is already 3 months old! I have been really anxious to go swimming with him and today was the day.
A few things to consider before you start...
- I was told that you should wait at least 6 weeks before going swimming to make sure your cervix is closed up
- From what I am told, there is no age restriction for swimming (but always ask your MD first!)
- Consider going to a pool that has warm water
- Purchase swimming diapers, or better yet cloth swimming diapers
Today we went to Splash Wave Pool on Ogilvie Rd. It was awesome! Only $1.90 per adult and free parking. They have a comfortable changing station in the family room and they allow you to bring your stroller on the deck! You can rent out a locker, or bring a combination lock as well.
The kids pool itself was very warm. It had a shallow area with fountains for playing and a deeper area (like a hot tub style) for parents to dunk babies or sit and relax! Both pools are connected.
All in all, V loved his first swim, and so did I! What's great is that it really makes them tired after. Let's cross our fingers for a good night sleep tonight!
Things to pack for baby:
|Love my new Large Wet bag!|
- swim diapers
- towel or robe to keep warm
- clean clothes for after swimming
- clean diapers
- Stroller is very handy but not necessary
Things to pack for mom or dad:
- bathing suit
- combination lock
- flip flops
- clean change of clothes
- Wet bag for bathing suits and towel
|Little V sports the "Bummis Swim Diaper- Camping Critters" (They are really meant to hold number 2s). These retail for about $12-$14. I got mine at 3 Little Monkeys on Bank Street.|