Are you looking for a funny and useful mom blog?

Good, you came to the right place!Hi, my name is Chantal Sarkisian and I am a new mom who had a sweet baby boy named Victor in Feb 2013. Join me on this blog to follow my new mommy journey while I am on my maternity leave. I'll ramble quickly about all the random thoughts that go through my head when I am feeding in the middle of the night, or trying to put my son to sleep. I'll also blog about my favourite things, give you helpful tools, and explore activities to do (mostly in the Ottawa region) with kids and maybe some product reviews too! Thanks for reading!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Off Road Cooking: Loaded Pancakes

I had no idea what to make for breakfast this morning. Feeling uninspired I checked my Facebook feed and saw a friend who posted a picture of protein pancakes with a fresh fruit coulie! #yum!
I'm not training like her, and I'm feeding a soon to be one year old so, I made some changes. The ingredients here are so easily swappable. I let my off-roading skills guide me!

Ingredients:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup homo milk (adjust runniness of batter)
- frozen raspberries
- fresh blueberries
- left over banana on my counter
- "some of that good vanilla from Mexico" (the Help)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of bran/wheat germ
- teaspoon of baking powder 

Mix liquids first, then powders. Whisk everything and ensure consistency is runny. Add in berries and chopped bananas and fold into the batter.

I used butter for my pan, because little man needs his fats!

I love the colours of the berries here. They look so cute just sinking in the batter.
My work station.
My first ever pancake… sizzling away!
Voila! For the final product, I dressed the pancakes with greek yogurt and fresh fruit.
By the way, this is a desert plate, the pancakes are small :) I ate two, which was very filling. 

V ate an entire pancake and really loved it. He's in this throwing-things-off-the-high-chair phase right now, which I'm really working hard on. I need to yell at him when I say "no", otherwise he laughs and thinks it's a game. I also tap his hand lightly so he knows he is being bad.
All that to say, between these smiles, were moments of me yelling at him and him crying.
As is the standard of social media, I decided to share the positive images only :)
Eating by himself. Although he pitched that chunk on the floor seconds after I took this picture.
A happy boy after breakfast!

Have a great foodie Sunday! #superbowl

No comments:

Post a Comment