Are you looking for a funny and useful mom blog?

Good, you came to the right place!Hi, my name is Chantal Sarkisian and I am a new mom who had a sweet baby boy named Victor in Feb 2013. Join me on this blog to follow my new mommy journey while I am on my maternity leave. I'll ramble quickly about all the random thoughts that go through my head when I am feeding in the middle of the night, or trying to put my son to sleep. I'll also blog about my favourite things, give you helpful tools, and explore activities to do (mostly in the Ottawa region) with kids and maybe some product reviews too! Thanks for reading!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Off Road Cooking: fancy style

Sometimes, you just feel like going fancy!
My husband made dinner the other night. Role reversal is such a funny feeling, and let me tell you, I love it!

Because he works every other weekend, he gets weekdays off as well. On Thursday while looking after V, he made dinner, he did groceries, he did laundry. I am in heaven! I also went to yoga after dinner which was the best way to end my evening... Wait, my shower was the awesome part! Thursday nights are my. "Me time" and I highly recommend you  do the same.

This marks the end of our second week back to work, and I think we will be just fine :)

Here's Michael's deadly cedar plank salmon recipe. It's simply amazing!

- minced red onion, garlic and fresh dill
- salt/pepper

Place a nice crust of the mixture on the salmon. Make sure cedar planks have been soaking in water for at least 4 hours. BBQ the salmon, but don't over cook it!


He served it with BBQ portobello mushroom caps (no seasoning) and I sautéed some heirloom carrots with salt pepper, oil and balsamic vinegar... Soooo good!


Hope this inspires your meals this weekend! Don't forget to go fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment