Are you looking for a funny and useful mom blog?

Good, you came to the right place!Hi, my name is Chantal Sarkisian and I am a new mom who had a sweet baby boy named Victor in Feb 2013. Join me on this blog to follow my new mommy journey while I am on my maternity leave. I'll ramble quickly about all the random thoughts that go through my head when I am feeding in the middle of the night, or trying to put my son to sleep. I'll also blog about my favourite things, give you helpful tools, and explore activities to do (mostly in the Ottawa region) with kids and maybe some product reviews too! Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Baby stuff taking over your house?

I always promised myself that I would not let baby stuff take over my house, my small house.

Well, unfortunately, you can't help but to rely on lots of baby stuff, and having things all over the house is actually very convenient. This post is dedicated to my prego friend who seemed overwhelmed by baby stuff when she started shopping for baby. My goal with this list is to make it lean and practical!

In the beginning… you will need these lifesaver tools:
- car seat
- stroller, carrier (optional)
- Pack n' play or bassinet (something safe for the new baby to sleep in with easy access). Pack n' plays are very useful if you will be travelling or if you need a place for baby to sleep other than your home. I bought mine used on Kijiji. These things don't get used very much, so the condition is really great for the price you pay.
- bouncy chair (somewhere safe to place baby)
- swing (LIFE SAVER for naps, congestion, colic). Baby can sleep well in the swing for naps.
- Play mat with arch that allows hanging toys.
- Toys, teething rings, rattles, books… not going into details here since there is a plethora of possibilities! Also, everyone has their preference when it comes to wooden organic toys versus battery opperated plastic ones. You will soon quickly convert to anything that lights up and makes noise to give you some extra alone time ;)

For phase two… sitting, standing, walking:
- bumbo
- high chair
- exersaucer, jolly jumper or equivalent
- play table (with removable legs)
- push walker
- rubber play mat (to cushion the blow of all the falling)

The extras… I was lucky to be the recipient of many baby hand me downs and have found the value is so much of the things that were given to me. If you have the opportunity to spoil your little one, or need birthday and christmas ideas, here are a few extra things to consider:
- sled
- wagon
- tricycle

There IS a light at the end of the tunnel! Luckily, the stuff you will need for baby will not be used for very long, so you can always buy it used, borrow stuff and return it when you no longer use it, or just store it away for baby number 2. Also, the baby "stuff" will soon be seen as lifesavers and not house clutter makers!
My living room is set up so all the baby stuff is in one corner.
Notice the brown basket that contains toys? It's one way to keep your space adult friendly when thing are put away :)

Do you have any "must have" items that I missed? Is my list too long for your comfort? Please leave your comments bellow.



No comments:

Post a Comment