Are you looking for a funny and useful mom blog?

Good, you came to the right place!Hi, my name is Chantal Sarkisian and I am a new mom who had a sweet baby boy named Victor in Feb 2013. Join me on this blog to follow my new mommy journey while I am on my maternity leave. I'll ramble quickly about all the random thoughts that go through my head when I am feeding in the middle of the night, or trying to put my son to sleep. I'll also blog about my favourite things, give you helpful tools, and explore activities to do (mostly in the Ottawa region) with kids and maybe some product reviews too! Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bumps on the Road- The Event (part 2)

This is part 2 from my earlier post "Bumps on the Road- A woman's story"

Here is an open letter than I sent to my friends and family to help me fundraise for "Bumps on the Road 9K Walk for Pregnancy". At this point in my life it's very hard for me to separate my personal life with my professional one. The work that I do is so relevant, and some would say that it is that passion that drives me to love my job!
2012 BOTR Walk- Mayor Jim Watson, Me at 24 weeks
and Councillor David Chernushenko (Old Ottawa South)

Dear friends and family, 
As you know every year I organize the CFWH Bumps on the Road 9K Walk, it's an event that is very close to my heart.
Some of you may already know that I had a miscarriage almost 2 years ago. This walk was inspired by that tragic event and was created to support the issues that pregnant women can face.
Last year, it was bitter sweet, as I was pregnant with Victor and going through so much from pelvic pain, to swelling and even pre-eclampsia in the last couple of weeks. 
This year, I will have Victor by my side and will support the walk to help other women who may not have been as lucky as I was during my labour. 
I hope you can all join me on October 20th and walk not only for me, but for your children, your mother and you!
Please visit our website at www.bumpsontheroad.ca to make a donation or sign up for the event!
Don't forget to share this with your friends too and help us achieve our 9K for 9K goal!
Thank you in advance for your support and I hope to see you all there! Chantal 
If you would like to read more about how this event came to be, check out my in depth interview in 2011 with Local Tourist Ottawa here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment