Are you looking for a funny and useful mom blog?

Good, you came to the right place!Hi, my name is Chantal Sarkisian and I am a new mom who had a sweet baby boy named Victor in Feb 2013. Join me on this blog to follow my new mommy journey while I am on my maternity leave. I'll ramble quickly about all the random thoughts that go through my head when I am feeding in the middle of the night, or trying to put my son to sleep. I'll also blog about my favourite things, give you helpful tools, and explore activities to do (mostly in the Ottawa region) with kids and maybe some product reviews too! Thanks for reading!

Friday, October 4, 2013

Why Starbucks is a new moms BFF

If you're pregnant and expecting soon, here is a list of things you should do or either start thinking about:

  1. Locate all the Starbucks that are a either walking distance from you or a short drive away.
  2. Buy a SB gift card.
  3. Register said gift card and download the Starbuck app.
Why? Well, you will soon realize that Starbucks will be your home away from home once you have baby and you want to get out of the house. And because you will be spending a small fortune there, you may as well start earning points towards free drinks!

One day, you'll be walking along the street and you'll feel lost, because it's just you, baby and the fully loaded stroller. You spot a Starbucks and immediately you'll feel safe. Here's why:
  1. You need to go to the washroom, check!
  2. Baby needs a diaper change, check!
  3. You need a cozy drink, a CUSTOM, cozy drink, check!
  4. You have unlimited time in the world. No time limits, check!
  5. You need to breastfeed. Find a seat on a cozy couch, check!
  6. You need to bottle feed. Ask friendly staff for hot water in a cup for free, check!
  7. You want a treat because you deserve one.  After all you gave birth to a human after carrying it for  40 weeks. Buy yummy treat, check!
  8. You need entertainment. People watching, check!
  9. You want to catch up on your phone. Free Wifi, check!
  10. You wanna catch up with your mommy friends, check!
So, you're not just paying for an expensive drink after all... think what you are getting for your money! Not a bad way to spend your day if you ask me.

Don't get me wrong, I love supporting local shops, but sometimes they are not set up for the things we need most. I just gravitate towards Starbucks because they have consistent standards of service all across America!

Where do you like to hang out during maternity leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment