Are you looking for a funny and useful mom blog?

Good, you came to the right place!Hi, my name is Chantal Sarkisian and I am a new mom who had a sweet baby boy named Victor in Feb 2013. Join me on this blog to follow my new mommy journey while I am on my maternity leave. I'll ramble quickly about all the random thoughts that go through my head when I am feeding in the middle of the night, or trying to put my son to sleep. I'll also blog about my favourite things, give you helpful tools, and explore activities to do (mostly in the Ottawa region) with kids and maybe some product reviews too! Thanks for reading!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Momma's night off: Food Network Chef Bucket List

I love The Food Network. I have been watching it for over 10 years now, before it became a hipster thing. That's how I learnt my confidence in the kitchen and of course where I was able to unleash my creative cooking. I have had the chance to meet some of my favourite chefs like Michael Smith and Chuck Hughes, and now I can add Janet Podleski to my list!

I asked my brother in law to look after V tonight so I could attend this free talk. Janet talked about the Looneyspoons story and the struggles they had to overcome to reach to the level of success they are at today. She also did a small Nutrition portion to the presentation which had very smart and obvious messages like:
  • Eat real food, not processed food
  • Avoid sugar and bad oils
  • Be positive about your image and encourage yourself to eat well

Eat Shrink and Be Merry's Janet Podleski, my sis Tamara and I at the Ottawa Public Health Day Event 

No comments:

Post a Comment