Are you looking for a funny and useful mom blog?

Good, you came to the right place!Hi, my name is Chantal Sarkisian and I am a new mom who had a sweet baby boy named Victor in Feb 2013. Join me on this blog to follow my new mommy journey while I am on my maternity leave. I'll ramble quickly about all the random thoughts that go through my head when I am feeding in the middle of the night, or trying to put my son to sleep. I'll also blog about my favourite things, give you helpful tools, and explore activities to do (mostly in the Ottawa region) with kids and maybe some product reviews too! Thanks for reading!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Baking Momma: Chocolate Zucchini and Carrot Cake

Tomorrow I am getting ready for Victor's Cake Smash Photoshoot for his first birthday!

So, why not attempt to make a healthy version of a cupcake, while he is innocent and can't tell when something tastes "too healthy". Typically, Chocolate Zucchini and Carrot Cake taste really good, but when you put less sugar, less butter, add more veggies and use whole wheat flour… well… it doesn't exactly taste the same ;) haha

I also pretty much dumped an entire bottle of red die to make "red velvet"… but it didn't really work. I must be doing something wrong. Maybe I should use a gel dye?


Cake batter is always delicious!
Jumbo cupcake for Victor's Cake smash! I used a pyrex Tupperware.
Cake decorating is so much fun! I used store bought frosting because I can't get myself
to make such rich frosting without changing the ingredients.
Practicing the "Nautical" theme decor for V's baptism and birthday party.
The finished product! We have life saver, a whale, an anchor, a boat,
#1, heart, polkadots, lobster, waves, stripes, star and much more!
 I won't spoil the surprise of the cake smash today. I will reveal it all when the pictures are ready!

Have a great Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment