Are you looking for a funny and useful mom blog?

Good, you came to the right place!Hi, my name is Chantal Sarkisian and I am a new mom who had a sweet baby boy named Victor in Feb 2013. Join me on this blog to follow my new mommy journey while I am on my maternity leave. I'll ramble quickly about all the random thoughts that go through my head when I am feeding in the middle of the night, or trying to put my son to sleep. I'll also blog about my favourite things, give you helpful tools, and explore activities to do (mostly in the Ottawa region) with kids and maybe some product reviews too! Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Off Road Cooking: Butter Chicken


Yum! Tonight I made butter chicken for dinner, from scratch. I'm so impressed with myself. Not only did I make it in a jiffy, I made it as lean as possible, without compromising flavour.

Ingredients:
- 2 onions (instead of 1)
- 5 cloves of garlic (instead of 1)
- 5 small chicken breast cubed (instead of chicken thighs)
- cooking oil
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of homo milk (instead of 3 cups of cream)
- 1/4 cup of butter (instead of a cup!!!!)
- tandoori masala
- curry powder (I didn't have garam masala)
- salt, pepper and hot pepper
- added peas and fresh spinach

I cooked up all the chicken with frying oil, once cooked threw in the onions and garlic.
I then added the tomato sauce, milk, butter. salt pepper, hot pepper and spices.
Let it stew down and evaporate the extra liquid.
Add frozen peas and baby spinach if you need your veggie fix!
Serve with steamed basmati rice!

Victor loved his Butter chicken on a bed of steamed Basmati rice. He slurped his water like crazy because it was spicy! Kinda cute to watch :) I'm so glad we are over the solid food hump. 
 

For a long time I didn't know what to feed him that wouldn't make him choke, but soft enough to chew with his gums. Let's just say he ate a lot of avocado, eggs, cheese, tomato, cream of wheat and banana. Now he absolutely loves rice, pita bread, cucumber, dates and peanut butter! Loooves peanut butter!

He's also getting good at eating with his hands too, something I thought he could never accomplish. In fact, he's eating with a fork and now learning to use a spoon. How sweet. I just love watching him learning by himself, pushing the food into his mouth with the palm of him hand. He really amazes me. 

He has very dexterous and long fingers that he used as chopsticks to pick up things like peas... It's just so funny to watch. He'll sometime cross his fingers too when they get goopy, like he's making a wish or something.

Have you noticed any quarks from your kids? What's your kids favorite easy food? Any tips or tricks? Please leave your comment below!




No comments:

Post a Comment